Now you have a couple options: you could opt to make some banana bread (which can be used to make a FANTASTIC banana bread french toast) or you could try this:
Banana Blitz Cookies
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- ½ teaspoon banana extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon mace
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans (optional) [my personal favorite is to substitute the pecans for some chocolate chips! yum!]
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy and smooth.
- Add mashed banana and extract and blend.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, mace, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Using an individual ¼-cup measure or a 2-ounce ice-cream scoop, scoop level amounts of dough and drop 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake until cookies are firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Using a spatula, transfer cookies to a rack and let cool.
Serving size: 1 cookie, makes 18
Macros per serving: 10.6 g fat, 28.8 g carbs, 2.3 g protein
My college roommate used to make these cookies for us and they were sooo good! They are even better now that I don't have to share them with 5 other girls. I get these babies all to myself!
Here's a tip: Place your cookies in an airtight Tupperware container overnight & they get sooo deliciously moist! Unfortunately, this tip requires a lot of patience. but it is well worth it!