This is sooo crazy to me. Suddenly we don't feel like newlyweds with a baby; we are an established family. The idea of expanding our family just feels so exciting, so unreal, and really just so grown up.
This new baby will be the third grandchild (the 2nd will be here any day--my sister is having contractions as we speak!) and if those gender prediction tests are at all accurate, this baby will be the first grand-daughter!
When we decided to start trying for baby #2, I really thought it would take longer. The timing must have been just right because we got pregnant right away! Unfortunately, that made it so that I wasn't really able to complete my pre-pregnancy bucket list since most of the items are on the "don't" list.
Here are 5 things you shouldn't do once your pregnant:
1. Anything that will raise your body temp too high
- This means Hot Tubs! Tanning! and Steam Rooms! Honestly I am so beyond bummed about this one. Soaking in a hot tub is one of my favorite things. I vowed to go after David was born, but we don't have a hot tub in our apartment complex and the ones at the gym are kind of gross, soo it looks like I'll have to wait another 9-10 months..
2. Sleep on your stomach
- I am enjoying being able to do this while I still can, but I know my days are numbered...
3. Amusement park rides
- Of course there still are rides you can go on, but roller coasters, large water slides at the water park, and bumper cars are on the "don't" list. Bummer! I literally JUST renewed my season pass at the water park! I guess it's kiddie land & wave pools for me..
4. Have high levels of caffeine
- Caffeine isn't terrible during your pregnancy as long as you aren't going overboard. I personally try to stay away from sodas and energy drinks. But really, not only do these drinks have caffeine, but they're typically pretty high in calories & I don't want to gain any more weight than necessary this time around.
5. Anything not well done
- This means raw fish (which is fine with me), under cooked meat & under cooked/ over easy eggs. I'm not a huge rare meat fan, so this one is the easiest rule to follow, but really, I'm just sick of having so many rules!
So if I were you (and you aren't pregnant yet) this would be my pre-pregnancy bucket list:
Other posts you may like:Top Tips for Avoiding Stretch Marks During Pregnancy
Dear New Mom you're doing it all wrong
Pregnancy Countdown Chain
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting