For today's post I thought I would explain how to make a pizza/throw a DIY Pizza Party since it has been on my mind as I plan for Christmas Eve.
Pizza Party Must Haves:
- dough (we use pre-made from Winco, I know Sprouts also sells pizza dough and I'm sure a few others do too)
- check out this cool pizza calculator to figure out how many pizzas you need to make
- cornmeal to roll your dough out on (NOT flour; flour will make your crust tough)
- marinara sauce. We love using tomato paste because you can really control the water content so you don't end up with a soggy pizza--plus! the tomato flavor is very strong, which we love. We usually add olive oil til we get the desired consistency & season with basil, garlic, salt & oregano.
- meats: pepperoni, ham, sausage, chicken, bacon
- veggies: mushrooms, olives, artichoke hearts, onions, bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, banana peppers, jalapenos
- fruit: pineapple
- cheese: mozzarella
- drinks! We are going with Martinelli's (it's our go-to drink for holidays/special occasions)
- dessert: try a pizookie to fit the theme!! We go with classic chocolate chip, but you could really do any cookie. In fact, a peanut butter pizookie with vanilla ice cream sounds AMAZING right now! (Not sure how to make one? Check out my easy step-by-step guide)
Even if you're not throwing a pizza party, here is a servings guide I made for large get togethers!