I had those same good intentions the other day when I made these pumpkin bars, but sadly only a quarter of the pan made it out of the house. The rest, my husband and I devoured within 2 days.
Don't worry, I combated that with some salad eating & lots of cardio the days following. Some days you just have to let yourself indulge a little. It's all about balance ;) lol
Ingredients & Directions:
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 c sugar
- 1 c canola oil
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil & pumpkin. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, & salt and them gradually add to pumpkin mixture.
- Lightly coat jelly roll pan with cooking spray and pour mixture in. (I like my KitchenAid Jelly Roll Pan)
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting-
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 pkg powdered sugar (about half of a 2 pound bag)
- Beat ingredients together in small bowl until smooth.
**These are delicious the first day, but the second day they are my absolute favorite! That pumpkin flavor really starts to come out & they become even more moist (especially if you keep them covered)!
Serving Size: 1 pumpkin bar, makes 24
Macros: 15.1 g fat, 42 g carbs, 3.1 g protein