We typically try to limit our carbs in the evening and so this meal was ideal. It is a great way to change things up when you're getting in a healthy food rut and need something new. Plus, it's super easy! It's even easier if you have the cauliflower rice prepped in advance.
We also typically have all the ingredients (except the zucchini) on hand so it's pretty much always a back up plan for dinner when we have no idea what to make.
- 2 zucchini
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1/4 c water
- 3 tbs corn starch + 3 tbs cold water to dissolve in
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- additional veggies as desired (we like to add baby corn sometimes)
- crunchy chow mein noodles (optional)
- Dice chicken into small cubes.
- Heat butter, onion & garlic in a large skillet, over medium heat.
- Add chicken, salt, & pepper.
- When chicken is mostly cooked through, add soy sauce, water, & bouillon cube.
- After a couple minutes, add chopped zucchini & mushroom.
- Dissolve 3 tbs corn starch in 3 tbs cold water & add to mixture to thicken.
- When veggies are at desired level of tenderness the meal is ready to eat.
- Serve over 1/2 cup cauliflower rice & add crunchy chow mein noodles if desired.
Serving size: 1/6 of recipe (makes 6 servings)