Sometimes we get sick of having eggs every morning for breakfast & really protein pancakes only get us so far as well. Sometimes we need a little more variety in the morning. And sometimes it’s a special occasion like Valentine’s or an Anniversary. Either way, we don’t want to ruin our diet, but we still want something that doesn’t necessarily taste “healthy” if you know what I mean.
Well, that’s where this protein crepe recipe comes in! The other day was our anniversary so I whipped up these babies (making up the recipe as I went along) and it was a hit! We filled them with a healthy version of my IHOP Copycat Sweet Cream Cheese Filling and topped them with some bananas & strawberries. It was a delicious, guilt-free treat!
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp banana extract (optional)
- 5 drops red food coloring (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a blender & blend until smooth. (best way to prevent flour lumps)
- Using Pam cooking spray, lightly grease frying pan.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into a frying pan on medium heat.
- Lift pan & gently swirl batter to help it thin out/spread to a slightly larger size.
- Flip when top is no longer runny, cook for an additional 20-30 seconds. (If you try to flip too early it will tear)
- Serve warm with desired filling & toppings.
**I used GNC Pro Performance 100 Percent Whey Protein Powder in Vanilla Cream (2 F/ 5 C/ 24 P) macros may vary if you use a different protein. Also, some protein powders contain a thickening agent (like Spirutein). The protein I used does not. If yours does then you may need to add water to get desired batter consistency. It should be runny.