A dessert we absolutely LOVE in this house is Chocolate Covered Strawberries! They are just delicious! Also, strawberries are pretty much available year round now which makes it so that we can indulge more often. I feel like this didn’t use to be the case..
Anyway, we love using Baker’s Dipping Chocolate for our strawberries, but it isn’t always available. Our local grocery store doesn’t carry it & lately I haven’t seen it at Target. Walmart sometimes has it, but it’s typically seasonal & our Walmart is a little out of the way.. So we had to come up with an alternative.
Today I’m going to share with you our method for making PERFECT CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES every time!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips (we like milk chocolate)
- 1 tbs oil
- aluminum foil
- paper towels
- Wash & dry strawberries. I place mine on a paper towel after quickly patting dry and let them continue to air dry at room temperature for about 30 minutes before I dip them.
- The closer to room temperature your strawberries are the better, if they are chilled it will cool down your dipping chocolate which could cause clumping (same with if they are wet).
- Line a large plate with aluminum foil.
- Microwave chocolate chips for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave in 15 second intervals (stirring each time) until smooth.
- Add oil & stir.
- Coat each strawberry & place on foil lined plate.
- Place in fridge for 30-45 minutes, until hardened.