We are just weeks away from welcoming our baby girl. I can’t believe it. This pregnancy really just FLEW by! I’ve got all sorts of mixed emotions right now and not feeling ready is one of those!
There just seems to be so much to do and so little time. Well. In all reality, there’s probably plenty of time, but at this stage in the pregnancy game, all I want to do is nap, but I know I am going to want to rest a ton once baby is here too so I just need to step it up now & get things done–starting with deep cleaning!
Here’s a list of things to clean before baby gets here!
1. Bathrooms. Toilets, Showers, Floors, get those bathrooms cleaned & organized.
2. Laundry. I feel like I am ALWAYS doing laundry, it’s the worst! But it’s even worse to fall behind, especially once the new baby is here. So do your best to stay on top of it, and throw in any bed sheets, comforters, pillow cases, etc while you’re at it!
3. Declutter. Anything you don’t need, throw away. Things are about to get so much more crowded once baby’s here so might as well clear out as much as possible now.
4. Carpet Stains. We have major carpet stains thanks to our toddler. I’ve been putting off cleaning them since it almost seems pointless because I know he will keep making them. But I know the in-laws will be bombarding us with “surprise” visits shortly & I really don’t need to hear any comments. The day we came home from the hospital with David, my MIL looked at the ground and said “do you own a vacuum?” The carpets weren’t even messy! Maybe she didn’t mean it as rude as it sounded, but there are a lot of hormones pumping through your body right after baby so it’s definitely the last thing you need.
5. Wash couches. Again. Another thing I put off. Every time I clean them, there are stains the next day. Regardless of how heavily I enforce the “no food in the living room” rule. Usually, couch stains aren’t my toddlers fault though lol (thanks Scott! jk)
6. Kitchen. Yes. The kitchen. I clean our kitchen on a daily basis, so it’s really not that bad. But. I do feel like it was custom built for a giant sometimes. So I took the time this past weekend to reorganize the cabinets so they are easier for me to access. Also, a great time to stay on top of fridge organization, since hopefully someone else will be cooking meals for the first weeks after baby (i.e. your husband).
7. Walls. Most likely, not a big deal, unless you have a toddler who likes to color on them. But even if you don’t, it is a smart idea to sanitize any door knobs & light fixtures (things you touch on a daily basis) so that it’s as germ free as possible before baby arrives.
There you have it! This is what my pre-baby cleaning checklist looks like! Hopefully it helps you as well! The best scenario would be to have all of this done a couple weeks before baby & just touch it up the week of as things get messy again.