These low carb chicken tacos are surprisingly good, you won’t even miss the tortillas!
Lately we’ve been working on phasing out some unnecessary carbs from our dinners. It’s surprising how little we miss them.
For example, for dinner the other night we made chicken tacos. And while I love corn tortillas, they weren’t even needed. Eventhough this recipe was slightly healthier, it was the perfect little indulgent pick me up that didn’t ruin our “diet.”
How to make low carb chicken tacos:
For this recipe I literally just used pre-made rotisserie chicken which meant this recipe came together very quickly.
In a pan, I combined my chicken that I shredded with some taco seasoning, chicken bouillon powder, and a little water. You can easily replace this with your own favorite seasoned chicken recipe as well.
After I had the chicken prepped, I just washed some hearts of Romaine lettuce, & doubled each lettuce leaf up for extra support. And then I added the toppings and ate it.
I hope you enjoy these super simple low carb chicken tacos. They are definitely a favorite at our house.
- rotisserie chicken, shredded
- taco seasoning
- chicken bouillon powder + water (or chicken broth)
- pinto beans
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- hearts of romaine (2 per taco)
- In a pan over medium heat, add rotisserie chicken.
- Season with taco seasoning and chicken broth.
- Take two hearts of Romaine and stack them on top of each other to reinforce "taco"
- Top with beans, chicken, pico, sour cream, and shredded cheese.