This Mexican cauliflower rice is a great low carb alternative to pair with tacos or any other Mexican dish.
By now you should know that I am OBSESSED with cauliflower! It is literally my favorite veggie! Why? because it can transform itself into different rices and potatoes! And as long as you season it correctly, it passes for the real thing!
A couple weeks ago I made some Mexican Cauliflower Rice for the first time. My husband LOVED it! Upon trying it for the first time, he asked me if we ever needed to make the real rice again! So now we’ve subbed out mashed potatoes AND Mexican Style Rice with this delicious dupe. Here’s to low-carb living! Woohoo!!
This recipe is very similar to my normal Mexican Style rice, but for convenience I am using canned tomato sauce instead of fresh tomatoes. This recipe makes 8 servings, which we immediately place in tupperware as an easy side for the week.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
An easy, low carb Mexican rice that tastes great and still fits in your diet!
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 tbs canola oil
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cube chicken bouillon
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen mixed veggies (peas, corns, carrots, & optional green beans-depends on the brand you get)
- salt to taste
- Start by microwaving all frozen veggies according to package directions. (I usually subtract 1 minute from microwave time, just because I am also pan frying these, but that's optional)
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower until it resembles rice.
- In a medium pan, heat 1/2 tbs canola oil & add garlic, onion, & bouillon. Sautee until onion becomes translucent & bouillon is melted.
- Add "rice" & tomato sauce and stir. Let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add mixed veggies & salt to taste & then stir once more.
ukessays review says
Ohh wow!! This recipe looks super healthy and super delicious. Can't wait to try it. Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe will definitely try it and write back to you