Did you know National Learn to Swim Day is this Saturday? It takes place on the 3rd Saturday of May and is the perfect excuse to hit the water and get this Summer season started!
We have been counting down until Summer and now it’s finally warm so the good times can begin! Our goal is to be outside every day and in the pool as often as possible. Luckily this holiday gave us just the excuse we needed to get outside.
What is National Learn to Swim Day?
* It was started by SwimWays in 2012 as a way to educate parents and kids on water safety.
* SwimWays also wanted to stress the importance and benefits of knowing how to swim.
* It is a great way to start off the swimming season by reminding everyone involved about water safety to help ensure a fun, safe Summer.
* This year it falls on May 20th, so mark your calendars!
How to celebrate:
We have two kids a 1 year old and a 2 year old, so going to the pool can be a little stressful. Our main goal is to make the pool seem as fun and worry-free as possible because any stress or panic our toddlers have in the water could lead to a dangerous turn, quickly.
SwimWays actually makes a Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy and it is the best float out there. We have tried baby floats in the past with our son, and they haven’t gone over so well. We tried this one (ideal for kids 9-24 months) for Farrah, our 12 month old, this past weekend to introduce her to the water and she loved it. I know she would not have been this calm if she didn’t feel comfortable and supported.
Knowing my 1 year old has a reliable baby float, really gives me a lot of comfort. Especially when I have two toddlers to look out for!
After our trip to the pool, we got home and my two year old told us we needed to get him a baby float too! lol So now we’re off to look at the stage 2 swim aids at SwimWays.
Favorite things about this baby float:
* it folds flat and comes with a carry bag for easy storage
* it has a two-position sun canopy with UPF 50+
* it’s got a mesh seat which is more comfortable than the competitor plastic floats
* it has an inner and outter inflatable ring for added safety and support
* it is fabric covered for extra security and helps me worry less about it popping.
* great for step 1 of 3 Swim Training stages
* you can get this in-store and online at Target, so it’s not difficult to find.