This weekend I made the most delicious & easy chili of my life! Not only is this an easy chili recipe but it is also perfect comfort food for all the rain we’ve been having. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (in tomato juice)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can tomato puree
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 medium-large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- celery, diced (optional, I typically leave it out)
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- In a large skillet sautee minced garlic with half of the onion.
- Add ground beef & cook until done.
- Put ground beef and the remaining ingredients in a 6 quart pot.
- Cover and let simmer for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese, fresh tomatoes, & cilantro, if desired. Enjoy =)
Serving size: 1 cup
Macros per serving: 5 g fat, 46.5 g carbs, 34.6 g protein
Comment below & let me know how it turned out!