Marscapone Chocolate Mousse
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces marscapone cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white or dark chocolate (optional: for chocolate cups)
- Melt milk chocolate and beat with softened, marscapone cheese
- Add whipping cream and sugar & beat until soft peaks form
- Stir in vanilla extract
- Chill in fridge for at least an hour
- Spoon into chocolate cups & serve
I put the mousse in semi-sweet chocolate candy cups that I made using a Wilton candy mold, but I have to be honest. It wasn’t my favorite. I had a hard time peeling the chocolate cups off once it hardened; a lot of them broke =( I think the problem was that the mold I used was plastic and not as pliable.
Next time around I plan on using silicone cupcake liners. Since they are part of the rubber family I think they would be a better bet. I also know several people who have used them for chocolate cups and had a lot of success. All you do is melt chocolate and pour into each cup, moving the cup around so it is evenly coated. Stick it in the freezer and let them harden. Hope that helps!