Alright people! It’s official! I found the ultimate campfire dessert! The pizookie!
It came to me when I was researching campfire meals for a post I’m working on. I saw recipes for all sorts of creative things, but no one, for some reason, had done a Pizookie outdoors! Crazy right? Well, it seemed easy enough so I tried it.
- cookie dough (pre-made is easiest, but I used the classic Nestle recipe)
- cake pan or disposable aluminum cake/tart pan
- nonstick cooking spray
- vanilla ice cream
- Spray your pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Press your cookie dough into the pan (I added a generous layer, about half the pan in depth)
- Place over fire on your Texsport Camp Grill or in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown
- Top with vanilla ice cream